The Stag public house built a hall behind the pub as the club room for the Stag Public House Sick Benefit Club. When in the 1920’s the Co-operative Society bought the pub, they let out the hall for private functions, social evenings etc.
A group of local people who belonged to the Brethren met here regularly to hold religious services. These were less formal than those of other denominations, and attracted a number of village children. These services ceased in the 1960’s.