32 High Street
Ashwell has had a pharmacy for well over one hundred years. Early in the 1900’s Mr Bridgeman opened a shop at number 32, High Street. Remedies were made as well as sold on the premises. E E Russell, the Letchworth chemists, purchased the shop in the 1930’s and remained so until 1973 when Kingswoods added it to their chain of shops.
In about 1985 the shop was sold, and it re-opened as the estate agents Country Properties. In about 2000 Country Properties moved up the High Street and the property was converted for residential use.