The Bushel and Strike
The Bushel And Strike Mill Street
In 1633 a wine tavern called the Wheatsheaf was kept by Valentine Lee in Mill Street. In 1854 the Wheatsheaf was owned by Fordhams, but kept by Thomas Warboys.It is thought that the Wheatsheaf was pulled down and that the Bushel and Strike was started as a small beer house in an adjoining house. It has now been fully licensed for over 60 years.Fordhams sold the pub to Green’s in 1952 and it was subsequently sold to Charles Wells in 1964.