‘Ashwell at Home’ has been held on the second Sunday in May every year since 1983 and 2014 is the 31st Anniversary of this popular event.
It was started to fund the first extension of the Ashwell Village Museum and since then has helped fund a further extension. Now the profits go towards the running costs of the museum but are also shared with St Mary’s Church and Ashwell Primary School.
Although gardens are the main attraction the village is covered with a wealth of amusing, entertaining, informative, interesting and refreshing events which make for a packed afternoon with something for all the family.
The next ‘Ashwell at Home’ will be on Sunday 11 May 2014, from 12noon until 6pm
- The event will start with the unveiling of the new village sign at 12noon
- 15 gardens will be open around the village
- Range of exhibitions and displays
- Morris dancing, veteran cyclists, fun fair
- Refreshments including lunches, teas and BBQ available
Exciting features for 2014 include
- Music Trail with a range of live music at gardens around the village, finishing with ‘Ashwell’s big sing’ performing in the Church at the end of the afternoon
- Guided walks: “landscape and wildlife on the outskirts of the village” and “the historic village centre”
- “Made in Ashwell” Exhibition and Craft Fair, to be held in the URC Hall
Entry is £6 per person (under 14s free) with free parking
Visit this page for regular updates
Click on this link to find the latest details of the delights available on the day: